You can now use your EV3 Brick to unleash the power of Python programming using MicroPython.
Simply install the EV3 MicroPython image onto any micro SD card and boot up your EV3 Brick from it to start programming straight away.
Switching back to the standard LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3 firmware is just as simple.
We have also provided full documentation and sample API code to get you started.
How to get started
- Download and flash the EV3 MicroPython image onto a micro SD card
- Insert your micro SD card into the SD card slot on the EV3 Brick and turn it on
- Download, install, and launch the free Visual Studio Code editor on your computer
- Install and activate the LEGO Education EV3 extension
- Connect the EV3 Brick to your computer and start to code
You will find a detailed description of the above steps in the EV3 MicroPython documentation PDF (link below).
Links to Lesson Plans, using Micro Python
Links to documentation and firmware
Micro SDHC (min. 4GB, max. 32GB) with Application Performance Class A1.
Windows 10 or Mac OS computer.
Visual Studio Code version 1.31 or above.