Awesome STEM Summer Sessions are back with an Awesome 3-Day Summer Programme!
This year we are taking our journey to a brand new location that allows for a more varied programme that will merge the digital world with our outside world in a way that you have never seen before. We kept all the things that made your child’s experience special and added a plethora of new activities that will challenge and engage to higher levels.
Our curriculum aims to develop children ages 7 to 11 into leaders, innovators, creators, engineers and all round bright and confident kids! Children will have the opportunity to explore a plethora of subject areas within Science, Technology, Reading (literacy), Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STREAM).
The programme will consist of hands-on creative and learning activities, challenging each individual through creative play in a fun and stimulating environment. Sessions will involve themes such as Minecraft, Time Travel, Weird Science, Theme Parks, Fun Factories, LEGO Education Maker sessions, Robotics, Coding, Talent Development, Musical Instruments, Singing, Dance, Healthy Food, Digital Graphic Design, Digital Storytelling, Wildlife, Science of Sports and Science of Fashion.
A fresh and creative way for your children to spend their summer this year!
Duration: 3 days per week for 7 weeks
Dates: July 9th to August 29th Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – No sessions will held during Santa Maria Week – 13th till 15th August
Possible extension Dates: September 3rd – September 19th Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Schedule: 8:45am till 1:15pm
Venue: National Sports School, Pembroke
Price per child – €390 per for a full 7-week programme
All activities are designed to allow students the freedom to be creative and to experiment to their hearts content in order to satisfy their curiosity whilst picking up and putting into practice the 4 main skills of the 21st century – Collaboration, communication, critical thinking and creativity. Some other examples of the activities are as follows:
- NEW FOR 2019! – RISE – We are setting out to inspire citizens of the galaxy to work together, strengthening and protecting the Force that binds us and creating a habitat where collaboration and collective wisdom can elevate new ideas and foster growth. Together, we RISE whilst focussing on the construction of new inclusive and safe environments to create a world where there are no boundaries between us.
- NEW FOR 2019! – E-sports Academy – We delve into the world of e-sports and get tips from the pros to up our game. We look at the science behind gaming and the tech that supports it – From streaming to you tubing, from FPS to MOBA, from a mouse’s dpi to screen refresh rates we look at the science behind the world’s fastest growing industry – that all kids want to be a part of.
- NEW FOR 2019! – Fortnite Factory – Let’s get creative in Fortnite and explore music, history and even the wacky world of mini golf in Fortnite creative mode.
- LEGO Maker activities where kids design and create life hacks, accessories for digital devices and robotic puppets using LEGO Education resources and materials. These STEM activities also incorporate easy block programming and coding.
- Dance workshops where kids copy and recreate dance moves of professional dancers to their favourite tunes. This is done through the use of a gamified platform where their moves are tracked through motion control devices and achieve scores based on the accuracy of their moves.
- Digital Design workshops where children are given the opportunity to learn about graphic design through the use of various Microsoft products.
- LEGO+Minecraft creativity hub where kids build their favourite objects out of LEGO and recreate them within the world of Minecraft focussing on tessellation and computational thinking.
- Space exploration where the kids are given the opportunity to explore the vast reaches of space and toy and tinker with the physical make up of our universe via a digital platform that allows them to experiment with the physical properties of the moons, planets, stars and galaxies to see what would happen if things were to change.
As qualified LEGO Academy Teacher Trainers with extensive teaching experience and teaching resource consultants, our aim is for our sessions to shift the focus from the educator to the student where a calculated and targeted set up is implemented in order to create a student-centred learning environment, where children learn by doing. This means that most of the work is being done by the student with the educators taking on the role of facilitators as opposed to “teacher”. This allows students to experience what is being presented as opposed to just watching and listening to information.
Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Example of a Week's Programme
Tuesday – LEGO STEM Activities
Wednesday – Minecraft Mania
Thursday – Sports & Science
SUMMER 2019 Program start on Tuseday 9th July till Thursday 29th August (excluding Santa Maria Feast week ie. no sessions on the 13th+14th+15th August)
|Drop off||8:40am – 8:55am|
|Session 1||9:00am – 10:45am|
|Break||10:45am – 11:15am|
|Session 2||11:15am – 1:00pm|
|Pick-Up||1:00pm – 1:15pm|
- Courses are run by qualified tutors authorised by Microsoft and LEGO Education Academy.
- Supervised early drop-off and Supervised late pick up and Transport requests are to be sent via email to email@example.com
7 Week Basic Package | from 8:45am till 1:15pm
2 Week Basic Package | from 9:00 till 13:00
3 Week Basic Package | from 9:00 till 13:00
1 Week Plus Package A | Early Drop Off from 7:30am
2 Week Plus Package A | Early Drop Off from 7:30am
Download and Apply Today